23 October 2011

Susan Tevega

Susan Tevega
Practising composition, contrast and lighting.  I'm trying to get faster, once upon a time this would have taken me a month and even then I wouldn't have been happy with it.  The biggest challenge I found when doing this was not being able to decide upon poses, positions, composition, backgrounds, themes...   That's the biggest time waster - indecisiveness.  An exercise in patience, this took one weekend.

Still a lot to learn and a long way to go...

WIP
1:  Sketch out figure in black and white.
2:  Couldn't help but add a tail.  Changed her pose to be more animal-like.
3:  Add face and gesture of hair.  Smooth out some tone.
4:  Add some detail, work out lighting.
5:  CAN'T DECIDE ON THEME D-: Jungle? Mech? Jungle mech?  GAAARGH.  Add some colour, although this is probably too early to add colour since I don't know what theme I'm going with yet.
6:  Chosen theme, now go wild with colour, lights and detail.
7:  Add highlights and lowlights using black and white adjustment layer as a guide. Sign. DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment