26 August 2011

Self Fish

Squidface
"An erotic nightmare" - 9 hours total, a painting done from a tiny scribble that I did on my housemate's shopping list.  Squidface comes from an obsession with squids, I've only recently grown enough confidence and patience with this texture to be able to recreate it.
The process
Sketch to Basecoat, Shading to Lighting and Detail, Clothing on a separate layer.  Merge Clothing layer with Lighting and Detail, blend.  Draw background.  Blend figure with Background, add bounced light and shadows.  
Posings
Found these on my desktop from when I was trying to figure out her pose.  I like how she moves through these drawings.
From sketch to Photoshop
The original tiny doodle on my housemate's shopping list.  Then a screenshot of my attempt at speed painting.  I suck at this bit.  It's an area I need to practice on.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Woah this is 5 months old? How did you find it? My latest stuff is here http://eggabo.tumblr.com/ I'm doing a drawing a day for 366 days if you want to see #366dpi

    ReplyDelete