23 September 2011

BoobyCrabs

BoobyCrabs 
Learning from Feng Zhu what an amazing artist.  Also taking inspiration from Carlos Huante.
This is BoobyCrabs, an exercise in speed and patience.  Also to teach myself not to get lost in the details and let some stuff go in order to achieve an overall effect.

BoobyCrabs in progress
Painted on one layer.  Used a Black and White filter layer to keep levels and contrast in check.  Took about 9 hours total.
It's like learning to draw again.  As I never learnt to draw in school, so my stuff is not disciplined and often unfinished.  I get bored after the initial thrill of drawing something new and getting the concept layers down.  I then move onto the next sketch.
So I'm teaching myself techniques to get faster and more efficient, I have to finish what I started...

No comments:

Post a Comment