30 December 2011

Bug dude

Must think of more interesting filenames

Sketching from a silhouette, this took about an hour and a half.  Amazing how much detail you can cram in when you do things in the right order.  Drew this after watching a few Feng Zhu tutorials, he explains things so clearly.  One of the things he expressed was how frustrating it is when you have an idea and you try to work backwards from the 'solution' that you have in your head, and how difficult it is to try and work out the formula to get there.  Instead, work from the start of the formula and then build your solution from there.  Bam!  Much less frustrating, more satisfying end result and the process is way more fun.  This method also accounts for my attention span limit before I want to draw something else.

Working in Grayscale

 Working in Grayscale dramatically reduces your filesize, allowing you to go huge with your resolutions without lag.  Lag is the worst.

2 comments:

  1. Shaz,
    This is freaky in a good way. The attention to detail is apparent in this. done via tablet?
    Darr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you : ) Yes I used a Bamboo Fun tablet for this. My usual tablet is the Wacom Intuos3 A5 Wide. Don't know what I'd do without it.

    Yes I'm working on speed and detail, I'm so glad it shows!

    ReplyDelete